Monday, August 19, 2013

Welcome to My Wonderland!





Gladly welcoming you to my wonderland!

I am quite a true lover when it comes to heritage sites. I don’t look no morefurther. Java and Bali are two sites I always enjoy really besides any other adorable places in my country due to their folk cultures that are more vivid in Indonesia itself and abroad like Netherlands which has roots in Indonesia of the past centuries as Indonesia was colonized by Dutch at that time. My treasure for heritage pokes my curiosity to dig up what the heritage stuffs are trying to say. They are such message for me to understand life and wise advice from the ancient. I even got much more than beautiful things hunging on the wall that I can enjoy in my spare time. Because they are worth the whole life! As well as figure of wayang (Javanese puppet) could merely mean your life philosophy, thus you shaped up the way of life by taking lessons from its cultural wisdoms. This thing is just like a symbol of you that fits in the way you look into the life.

Not only does it build on my deep admiration for traditional signature, it is dedicated to endeavor of encouraging the local craftsmans to beat the world. I’m not shadowed with doubts at all to dip my foot into folk art when some is trying to pop modern art. It’s because being part of preserving cultural heritage is my once upon a dream. So that, I start it from the little things. Moreover, this kind of folk stuff that generates hereditarily is always timeless. It has been through the centuries, and that’s the value!

Enjoy my wonderland as much as I enjoy making it:) Hope you would love to! If you are interested to own the ones, you could also order them. We have stuffs for sale to order for the collector and reseller as well, and those are customized for both national and international trade. Email me for stuff for sale catalogs at novrats@gmail.com

Folkly Yours,

Novita R. Sahid





No comments:

Post a Comment